Thursday 29 May 2014

#FUN

Urban nomadsA small but diverse section of society that lives and works in an urban area, yet does not rent, own or otherwise reside permanently in any one location. "Nomad" suggests a chosen lifestyle, as opposed to "refugee", and it also suggests that nomads feel they have a home, as opposed to the "homeless". -Urban Dictionary-

That is the life that I am living at the moment. Since we landed in Sydney a week ago, Yuan and I have been staying in a temporary accommodation which we will move out this weekend into another place. I have not yet found a permanent place to live, so right now I consider myself a nomad. If you are curious how I identify myself as one, below is the checklist I came up with, according to my experience:





1) Luggage is your life: You tend to bring the minimum maximum with you which include the most important things. 

2) A cupboard? What's that??: Because you basically live off your luggage. You tend to compartmentalise your luggage just like how you do with your cupboards, one part for shirts, one part for pants, one part for undies etc..... and you also store your clean and dirty clothes in them, and at the end of the day still able to identify which ones are clean and which are dirty. 

3) Wearing the same clothes: Because you only have that much in your luggage

4) Buying the minimum: You tend to window shop more. I just went into Daiso yesterday (we all know that place is evil coz once you go in, you will definitely come out with many items coz they are so cheap and cute!) and there were so many things i want but I had to refrain myself from buying because I do not want to add on to the weight when I need to move again this weekend!

5) Basic food items: Salt, Pepper, bread, milk, eggs, pasta, pasta sauce, canned food.

6) Occurring meals: pasta, pasta, pasta, pasta, pasta. Because its the easiest to cook!!!

But we are pretty thankful that the place we are staying now has a well equipped kitchen where we can experiment with the limited cooking ingredients to make good edible food. They are not the best, but at least we are not having bread and tuna and pasta every single day. And I thought of sharing some of these ideas with you.

So if you are 1)an urban nomad like me, 2)a architecture student who survives on instant noodles during submission period, 3)working person who is just so lazy to prepare you own meals, then this series is for you!

So with the #FUN project, we aim to cook simple dishes, using the simplest ingredients, and EAT LIKE A PRO NOMAD because we I understand how hard it is to survive just with bread and tuna and pasta every day.....

So stay tuned, and I'll see you real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment