Friday 19 April 2013

Kopi (Black Coffee)

By ThingsWeLike

Thesilenttiger was really excited in sharing this unique way of brewing coffee, so I just have to do a post the very minute she successfully uploaded on youtube, if not she'll haunt me in my dreams. This beverage is the all time favourite in traditional coffee shops that are extremely popular in Southeast Asia, and it is best served with toasted bread spread with kaya (coconut jam) or soft boiled eggs. Gorsh, typing this is making me hungry. 

I wasn't a fan of coffee until I became thesilenttiger's house mate. She started introducing me all the different types of coffee (even though they still appears to me as the same ingredients) and ways to brew them. Eventually, she flew a few bags of this traditional roasted beans 80079087985 miles down south and they landed in front of me. Thus, I'm thiiiisssssss near to being a coffee addict now. Damn.

As usual, she who likes to experiment, tried making the coffee by adding milk into it, but they tasted so weird that we concluded it's still best to retain the original way of making kopi.

So, please click the video below to view the brewing process, whilst I make myself a midnight supper! Ta!







No comments:

Post a Comment